5 facts about me and 5 personal questions answered…You could wait for my Hollywood Reporter interview, but ain’t nobody got time to wait for that.
I got pretty excited when you liked my post and/or followed me, believe me. I get really excited whenever I find a new blog worth following, or when someone I follow posts something cool — and I go positively bonkers over a comment. (Don’t get too cocky though, I get pretty incoherent when Starbucks hasn’t run out of Marshmallow Dream Bars).
I get excited. So imagine the festivities in my excitable heart this week when I discovered two new friends had given me high honors. Patty nominated me for the Interesting Blog Award – which is my first blog award ever. I also realized that the Dimwit Diary (aka Chris) gave me a shout out on his blog as he marked 1,000 followers two weeks ago.
I hope Dimwit Diary doesn’t notice exactly how long it took me to notice this honor, but he will – he’s not that dimwitted, and I just blew my alibi anyway. If you haven’t been to his blog and like laughing, Photoshopping sparkly vampires, John Stamos and the Legend of Zelda, git on over there. It’s http://thedimwitdiary.com/.
No, seriously, that’s where I’m going now so odds are even this post will ever see the light of day. Not only does he have it going on, he has the one thing I covet more than anything else: an IMDB page. Honestly, some of that I had to say because I’m looking for a job and can’t afford the $50 shout-out fee yet – I know where he lives and I don’t mess with folks in that city. They stick together.
The Interesting Blog Award
Patty (aka petitemagique) is an author, poet, photographer, image-magician and more – I really appreciate her ability to combine images and poems for maximum effect. She can also convey a lot of meaning in fewer words than I usually do, which is something I aspire to 🙂 Look her up at http://petitemagique.wordpress.com/
Thanks so much for nominating me Patty, here are my answers and nominations according to the rules.
1. Thank the person who nominated you… (Thanks again!)
2. List 5 random facts about yourself…
- My eyes are blue but sometimes, just sometimes, they flash green when the sun drops below the horizon.
- I like Hanson. There, I said it.
- I also like Static-X so back off.
- I was born in Rhode Island.
- I’ve been as far east as Prague and as far west as Yakutat Bay, Alaska.
3. Nominate a minimum of 5 blogs for the award….My theme is ‘pay it forward’ – here are some really talented younger and/or newer bloggers (younger and/or newer than me, to be specific)…
His writing humbles me more than a little. I like that a lot.
http://musinginpoetry.wordpress.com/ Musing in Poetry, The Key to Imagination
If only I wrote like this when I was in 10th grade…
http://syannecenteno.wordpress.com/ Life After Anorexia, Bullying and Suicide Attempts
Syanne has a really important message and is doing a great job of getting it out there.
http://thedailypatrick.wordpress.com/ The Daily Patrick – If There’s a Daily Prophet There’s a Daily Patrick.
He takes on culture from books to movies to poetry, and much more (comic books!).
http://monkeyprodigy.wordpress.com/ Monkey Prodigy, the eccentric writer himself.
Watch an inspiring mind in action.
http://sakshivashist.wordpress.com/ Sakshi Vashist – versatility is not an over-rated virtue.
Nor are honesty, warmth and generosity, which she seems to have in spades.
4. Answer the 5 questions and Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice
petitemagiques’s questions to me:
- Why did you start your blog? I started because I was a closet writer and wanted to finally put some of my writing out there and learn from other writers. I stayed because, damn, you people are talented.
- What is your best character quality? I know how to listen without judging.
- What is on the top of your bucket list? Great white shark diving.
- What is your bad habit? Not answering direct questions in a way that makes you think I did.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee. More coffee.
My questions to nominees:
- What habit (other people’s) do you find most annoying?
- If you had to leave earth forever, what one place would you miss most?
- Batman or Superman, and why (‘I don’t care’ is acceptable)?
- If you could instantly right only one wrong in the world, which would you choose?
- What movie do you watch over and over again?
5. And finally, let them know you have nominated them. (In progress!)